1 large sweet potato
1 red chilli
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 tbsp of green Thai curry paste
1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
2 x 400ml cans of coconut milk
500ml of chicken stock
400g of leftover cooked turkey, torn into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander
Madeleine Shaw's Thai Turkey and courgetti soup
1. Spiralize the courgettes and sweet potato into noodle shapes. You can finely slice them if you don’t have a spiraliser. Finely slice the chilli - only leave in the seeds and membrane if you want more of a kick.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the curry paste, ginger and chilli then fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add in the sweet potato noodles and stir for another 30 seconds then pour in the coconut milk and stock. Bring to a medium simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Throw in the courgettes and turkey, allow to cook for 4 minutes or until the turkey is piping hot.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander and the juice of half a lime.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Dec 23 12:13:17 GMT 2015.