These sweet mini loaves get their pretty marble effect by swirling the clementine mixture and the cocoa-rich mixture together – a match made in heaven.
Marble mini loaf cakes with clementine & chocolate
225g butter, softened
225g golden caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
225g self-raising flour
4 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, beaten
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder
Grated zest and juice of 2 Waitrose Seedless Easy Peelers Clementines
50g dark chocolate, chopped
Pack 10 Cooks’ Homebaking Mini Loaf Cases
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Whisk the butter, sugar, flour and eggs together in a bowl until smooth, then transfer half the mixture to a separate bowl.
2. Beat the milk and cocoa powder into one bowl of mixture. Beat the clementine zest and juice and the chopped chocolate into the second bowl of mixture.
3. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture alternately into the loaf cases then using a bamboo skewer, lightly ripple the mixtures together to create a marble effect. Sprinkle lightly with the extra sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool completely before serving.
For a full-sized loaf, use a 900g greased and lined loaf tin and bake at 180ºC, gas mark 4 for 45-50 minutes.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes + cooling
- Total time: 30-35 minutes + cooling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Nov 16 08:44:00 GMT 2016.