- 1 of your 5 a day
- Low in saturated fat
Maris Piper & leek hash with fried eggs
2–3 tbsp olive oil
800g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm chunks
2 leeks, washed and sliced
270g pack Waitrose Cherry Vine Tomatoes
4 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
3 sprigs fresh dill, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the potatoes and leeks for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are cooked through, crispy and golden.
2. After about 20 minutes, place the cherry tomato vines on a baking tray, drizzle with a little oil and roast for 5–10 minutes until the tomatoes are starting to soften but still holding their shape.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan and fry the eggs to your liking.
4. Stir the chopped dill through the hash and divide between 4 plates. Top each with a fried egg and serve the roasted cherry tomatoes alongside.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Dec 29 10:59:00 GMT 2015.