Delicious and sophisticated dessert with amazing flavours
Mascarpone & Lime Torte
200g ginger snap biscuits, crushed
50g butter, melted
2 x 250g tubs of mascarpone cheese
40g icing sugar, sifted
finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
50g deluxe dark chocolate
50g caster sugar
a few grapes
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter and press into the base of a 18cm spring sided, or loose bottomed cake tin.
- Place the mascarpone, icing sugar, lime zest and juice in a bowl and beat together. Spread over the base. Chill for 30 minutes.
- To decorate, melt the chocolate as per pack instructions. was and pat dry soem rose leaves. Pull the underside of the leaves along the melted chocolate until coated. Allow leaves to dry coated side up.
- Meanwhile to frost the grapes, dip in water, shake off the excess and coat with caster sugar.
- Then carefully peel away each rose leaf starting at the stem and arrange with the grapes on top of the torte,
- Total time: 45 minutes
Average user rating Based on 89 ratings