Blend fresh tuna with hot Japanese horseradish, or wasabi, for these mini burgers with bite. They’re brilliant for barbecuing.
Mini Tuna Burgers With Wasabi Mayonnaise
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Total time: 22 minutes
- 2 x 300g packs Pane Toscano Ready to Bake Classic Mini Paninis
- 500g yellowfin tuna steak, from the fish service counter
- 4 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Sesame Seeds
- 20g pack fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- 4cm piece cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- Bake 12 panini in a preheated oven, set to 220°C, gas mark 7, for 5-6 miniutes then allow to cool. Meanwhile, cut the tuna into large chunks, place in a food processor and pulse until roughly minced. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the salad onions, 1 teaspoon of the wasabi paste, the sesame seeds, coriander and seasoning. Using damp hands, shape the mixture into 12 burgers.
- Preheat the grill or barbecue, then cook the burgers for 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise and remaining wasabi. Split open the paninis and fill with the burgers, cucumber and wasabi mayonnaise. Serve with Waitrose Leafy Salad with Mustard.