If you have time, marinating the steak overnight will give you the most delicious results.
Miso-glazed steak with chilli and lime greens
200g jar Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients white miso glaze* (or sweet white miso)
1 tbsp English mustard
2 essential Waitrose sirloin steaks, trimmed of fat
1 tbsp essential Waitrose olive oil
1 garlic clove, halved • 200g pack fine beans and Tenderstem broccoli
1 essential Waitrose salad onion, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
1 essential Waitrose
1. Mix the miso glaze and mustard and use to marinate the steaks for 30 minutes (try using a plastic sealable food bag), or ideally overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Wipe the marinade from the steaks. Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil in a pan over a high heat and cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare (don’t worry if they look charred on the outside); set aside on a plate and rest under a loose sheet of foil.
3. Wipe out the pan and return to a high heat with the remaining 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Add the garlic, beans and broccoli and stir-fry until nicely charred, about 5 minutes. Tip in the salad onion and chilli and fry for 2 minutes more. Squeeze over the lime juice and discard the garlic. Slice the steak and serve with the vegetables.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus marinating
- Cooking time: 25 minutes, plus marinating
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 1 rating