"This miso marinade works well with all kinds of meat and fish."
Miso-marinated lamb chops
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus overnight marinating
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes, plus overnight marinating
300g brown rice miso paste
4 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp sake
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients mirin rice wine
8 lamb chops
1 tbsp vegetable oil
220g pack green beans, trimmed and halved
225g pack mange tout, cut in half diagonally
150g frozen soya beans
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 x ½ tsp wasabi powder
1 lemon, juice
1½ tbsp soy sauce
1. For the marinade, put the miso, sugar, sake and mirin in a pan and warm gently, stirring until smooth; set aside. Put the lamb chops in a bowl, then pour over the marinade, ensuring the meat is covered. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and marinate in the fridge, ideally for 24 hours, but for at least 12 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Wipe the marinade from the chops with kitchen paper. Preheat the grill to high and place the chops on a rack over a baking tray. Grill for 3 minutes each side for medium rare; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan or wok over a medium to high heat and fry the green beans for 4 minutes. Add the mange tout, soya beans and garlic and cook for another 3–4 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss in the wasabi, lemon juice and soy sauce.
4. Serve the miso lamb chops with the green vegetables and some steamed white rice, if liked.