This substantial salad captures the vibrant flavours of summer in the Mediterranean.
Mixed Bean and Rocket Salad
- ½ tsp Bart Smoked Paprika
- 250g pack Waitrose Santa Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 180g pack 2 Romano peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced into rings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients A Spoonful Of Nonpareille Capers in brine, drained
- 420g can essential Waitrose Mixed Bean Salad, drained and rinsed
- 110g bag rocket
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- For the dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients A Scatter Of Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 tsp Waitrose Acacia Clear Honey
- Preheat the oven to 250°C, gas mark 9. Put the tomatoes and the red pepper slices into an ovenproof dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 5 minutes. Switch off the oven and leave them in the residual heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, toss together the remaining salad ingredients, except the pine nuts. Drain the tomatoes and peppers, reserving the oil, and stir into the salad.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together with the reserved oil from the tomatoes and peppers. Drizzle over the salad and scatter with the toasted pine nuts. Cook's tip As with most salads, this is best made just before serving. However, if you want to get ahead, you can roast the tomatoes and peppers and make the dressing the day before.
As with most salads, this is best made just before serving. However, if you want to get ahead, you can roast the tomatoes and peppers and make the dressing the day before.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 21 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Jul 01 01:00:00 BST 2006.