A can of Waitrose essentials mixed bean salad is the star of this quick chilli
Mixed bean chilli
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 essential Waitrose aubergine, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stick essential Waitrose green celery, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 420g can essential Waitrose mixed bean salad, drained, rinsed
- 350g jar Seeds of Change chilli with jalapeno peppers
- 20g coriander, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 10 minutes, until softened.
- Raise the heat to medium, add the garlic, celery, peppers, aubergine and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cumin; stir for 1 minute, then add the rinsed bean salad, the chilli sauce and 100ml water. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the coriander and season.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges, and any or all of the following: sour cream or crème fraîche, grated cheddar, sliced salad onions, fl our tortillas.