1. Preheat oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. In a bowl, rinse the rice in cold water. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes, then add the ras el hanout and lamb and fry for a further 4–5 minutes.
2. Add the rice and 350ml of boiling water to the pan, cover and cook gently for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the feta and sultanas then tip into a bowl and leave to cool a little.
3. Lay out 5 sheets of the fi lo pastry, short sides facing towards you, each overlapping by 5cm. Distribute the lamb mixture along the longest side of the pastry, about 15cm up from the bottom edge, and 10cm clear from either side.
4. Fold the bottom edge of the pastry over so that the lamb fi lling is covered and roll the pastry so it forms a cigar shape, keeping it as tight as possible. Coil the roll into a spiral, patch up any breaks with the spare piece of pastry. Slide onto a baking sheet, brush with oil and bake for 30–35 minutes, until golden and piping hot.
5. Stir half the pistachios and pomegranate seeds through the yogurt and spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle the remainder on top. Slice the pastry coil and serve with the yogurt.