Try this delicious, slow cooked recipe - perfect for a warming mid week supper, or just as good for entertaining.
Moroccan braised lamb
1 tbsp oil
2 x 250g packs Waitrose Diced Lamb Leg Steak
1 essential Waitrose Onion, diced
2 essential Waitrose Carrots, sliced
25g essential Waitrose Plain Flour
500ml pack Cooks’ Ingredients Beef or Lamb Stock
1 cinnamon stick
3 Cooks’ Ingredients Star Anise
200g pack button mushrooms, wiped clean and trimmed
100g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC, gas mark 3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the lamb for 3 minutes. Add the onion and carrot then cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually blend in the stock, adding the spices and mushrooms and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and cook for 2½ hours, adding the apricots for the last 15 minutes.
Slow cooker tip:
Prepare as stated and cook for 6 hours on low.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: About 2 hours 40 minutes
- Total time: About 2 hours 50 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 30 ratings