Deliciously smooth, milky buffalo mozzarella is the star in this simple, fresh-tasting salad.
Mozzarella Salad with Mint and Grapes
- 150g Garofalo Buffalo Mozzarella (available from the Cheese Service Counter and prepacked)
- 160g bag Waitrose Nantaise Salad
- 150g green seedless grapes, halved and washed½ pack fresh mint, roughly chopped, (reserve the remaining ½ pack as a garnish)
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- Place the mozzarella in a sieve over a bowl and leave for 1-2 minutes to drain. Tear into small pieces.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small jug or bowl and mix well with a fork. Season to taste.
- Place the salad leaves and the grapes in a large salad bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Top the salad with the mozzarella pieces. Garnish with the remaining sprigs of mint. Serve with warm Waitrose Focaccia or Ciabatta.
Adding mozzarella after the salad is tossed avoids the beetroot in the Nantaise Salad staining it pink.
You can make the salad up to 2 hours in advance by pouring the dressing into the bottom of the salad bowl. Top with the leaves and grapes but do not toss together. Keep in the fridge, then toss when required. Add the mozzarella just before serving.
Mozzarella is also delicious served with a simple tomato salad topped with fresh basil and drizzled with a little olive oil.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 as a starter
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat May 01 01:00:00 BST 2004.