This comforting autumnal recipe is quick and easy to make. It's perfect for brunch, lunch or a light supper.
Mushrooms on toast with goat's cheese
100g butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 x 20g pack fresh thyme, leaves only, plus extra to serve
6 slices essential Waitrose Sliced Brioche Loaf
2 x 300g packs Waitrose Exotic Mushrooms
125g pack Waitrose British Soft Goat's Cheese
6 tbsp essential Waitrose Low Fat Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put the butter into a bowl with the garlic, thyme and a generous amount of seasoning and mix well.
- Spread the brioche slices with a thin layer of the butter and place on a baking tray. Cook in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until golden and crisp around the edges.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms. Trim the ends, separate the long thin varieties into smaller clumps and slice the larger ones lengthways. Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add the remaining butter and the mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Mash the goat's cheese with the yogurt until smooth, season to taste, then sprinkle with plenty of extra thyme leaves. Divide the mushrooms between the toasts and serve with the goat's cheese yogurt to spoon over.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 11 20:02:25 BST 2014.