Low saturated fat
New potato salad
- Preparation time: 10 minutes + cooling
- Cooking time: 15 minutes to 20 minutes
- Total time: 25-30 plus cooling
1kg Jersey Royals or Cornish New Potatoes
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbso wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice ½ lemon
Bunch salad onions, finely sliced
8 cornichons, chopped
1 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Nonpareille Capers, drained
25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
20g pack fresh tarragon, leaves finely chopped
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the potatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, oil and lemon juice in a large bowl.
2. Drain the potatoes, reserving 2 tbsp cooking liquid and leave to steam for a couple of minutes. Halve the warm potatoes and add to the mayonnaise mixture with the reserved cooking water. Toss to combine then set aside to cool.
3. Once cool, stir through the remaining ingredients and season to taste.