Yoghurt is a low-fat alternative to mayonnaise. In the dressing for this salad, it's mixed with reduced-fat crème fraîche to make it a little more creamy. The addition of fresh herbs and crisp green beans enlivens the mix.
New Potato and Green Bean Salad
- Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus cooling
- Total time: 30 minutes, plus cooling
Serves: 6 - 8
- 1kg new potatoes, scrubbed, large ones cut in half
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 4 tbsp low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flatleaf parsley
- 1 tsp finely chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender, drain and leave to cool.
- Cook the green beans in boiling salted water for 4 minutes, so they're tender but still have a slight bite. Drain, refresh under cold water and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Mix together the yoghurt, crème fraîche and herbs, then season.
- Cut the beans into small pieces, place in a large bowl along with the potatoes, add the dressing and gently stir until the potatoes and beans are coated. Refrigerate, or serve straight away.