Remember to allow chilling time when making this baked cheesecake.
New York lime cheesecake
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes, plus cooling
- Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 100g essential Waitrose digestive biscuits
- 75g essential Waitrose ginger nut biscuits
- 50g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g essential Waitrose creamy full-fat soft cheese
- 150g mascarpone
- 125ml double cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 limes, grated zest and juice
- 1 vanilla pod, split open
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170c, gas mark 3; grease a 21cm springform cake tin.
- For the base, whiz the biscuits to crumbs in a food processor, then pulse in the muscovado sugar and butter. Press firmly into the base of the tin and chill.
- Beat the mascarpone and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the cream, sugar, lime juice and zest, vanilla seeds from the pod, and the 3 egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Stir a large spoonful of this into the cheese mixture to loosen it. Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites and pour over the prepared base.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, then turn the heat up to 180c, gas mark 4 for a further 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour to cool and set. Remove from the tin and serve, dusted with the icing sugar; or cover and chill in the tin overnight before serving.