Night Before Christmas
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
Rhubarb syrup (made with Mammy Jamia’s Rhubarb Preserve)
1 star anise
Juice of ½ a lemon
200ml Cawston Pressd Apple & Rhubarb juice
Sliced apple, to garnish
For the syrup:
1. Place 2-3 heaped tablespoons of preserve into a saucepan with equal parts cold water. Add the star anise.
2. Bring to boil and then turn down to simmer for around 3 minutes.
3. Strain to remove the star anise.
4. Leave to cool.
To make the cocktail:
1. Add a handful of ice cubes to a tall glass. Add 2 teaspoons of rhubarb syrup and lemon juice and top up with the pressed juice.
2. Garnish with sliced apple or whatever takes your fancy.