Save to your scrapbook
Night Before Christmas
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Rhubarb syrup (made with Mammy Jamia’s Rhubarb Preserve)
1 star anise
Juice of ½ a lemon
200ml Cawston Pressd Apple & Rhubarb juice
Sliced apple, to garnish
For the syrup:
1. Place 2-3 heaped tablespoons of preserve into a saucepan with equal parts cold water. Add the star anise.
2. Bring to boil and then turn down to simmer for around 3 minutes.
3. Strain to remove the star anise.
4. Leave to cool.
To make the cocktail:
1. Add a handful of ice cubes to a tall glass. Add 2 teaspoons of rhubarb syrup and lemon juice and top up with the pressed juice.
2. Garnish with sliced apple or whatever takes your fancy.
This recipe was first published in November 2013.