- Total time: 30 minutes + 10 minutes soaking
90g pitted dates, chopped
100g medium oatmeal
250ml essential Waitrose Low Fat Natural Yogurt
75ml groundnut oil
2 Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
80g light brown soft sugar
150g plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Place the chopped dates in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of boiling water. In a separate large bowl combine the oatmeal and yogurt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Beat the oil, eggs and sugar into the bowl with the oatmeal mixture. Then stir in the soaked dates.
3. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Stir in a good pinch of salt and fold it through the wet mixture, until just combined.
4. Spoon into the prepared muffin cases and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. (They’ll keep well for a couple of days if stored in an airtight container, or they can even be frozen.)