- 8 Waitrose Free-Range Cumberland Pork Sausages, 454g
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 125 ml red wine
- 2 x 400g cans Epicure Organic Bijoux Verts Lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh, chopped curly parsley
One Pot Sausages with Lentils
- Fry the sausages in a wide, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes, turning a few times, until browned all over. Stir in the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and bubble for a few minutes, until reduced by half, then gently stir in the lentils with a splash of water. Season and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until piping hot and the sausages are cooked. Scatter with the parsley and serve.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 8 ratings
This recipe was first published in January 2009.