- 400g small parsnips
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g walnut halves, roughly broken into chunks
- 1 small bunch chives, finely sliced
- 100g Feta, crumbled into chunks
- 50g wild rocket
Parsnip, Walnut and Rocket Salad with Feta
- Peel, top and tail the parsnips. Cut them into bite-sized pieces and drop into a pan of boiling, unsalted water. Cook for 8 minutes or until the parsnips are tender.
- Meanwhile, make a vinaigrette by whisking together the sherry vinegar and olive oil, seasoning to taste. Drain the parsnips thoroughly, place in a bowl and mix in 2/3 of the vinaigrette. Add the walnut halves and set aside for about 25 minutes or until cool. Then mix in the chives and Feta. Toss the rocket in the remaining vinaigrette and gently mix into the parsnip salad. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve immediately.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Total time: 20 minutes
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Dec 01 00:00:00 GMT 2004.