This fragrant, tangy curd and yogurt dessert simply sings of summer.
Passion fruit pots
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus cooling, chilling
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes, plus cooling, chilling
Serves: 4 - 6
200g Greek natural strained yogurt
200ml crème fraîche
1⁄2 lemon, juice
4 small strawberries, hulled and sliced, plus extra to decorate
1 passion fruit, pulp
PASSION FRUIT CURD
4 passion fruit, pulp
2 large eggs
150g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter, diced
1. To make the curd, press the passion fruit pulp through a sieve into a heatproof bowl; discard the seeds. Add the remaining curd ingredients and set over a pan of gently simmering water. Whisk constantly until the butter has melted. Keep an eye on the curd and stir every 2-3 minutes with a wooden spoon or spatula, until it thickens (about 20-25 minutes in total). Transfer to a clean bowl, cover the surface with cling film and leave to cool, then chill for 1 hour.
2. Whisk together the yogurt, crème fraîche, lemon juice and all but 8 tbsp of the curd in a bowl. Arrange the strawberries in the bases of 4 x 200ml (or 6 x 150ml) glasses. Fill the glasses with the yogurt mixture and chill for at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
3. Before serving, spoon the reserved curd over the yogurt, then top with the passion fruit pulp and the extra strawberries.