Peaches work really well in savoury recipes and these quick and easy cheese tartlets are no exception.
Peach, cheese and basil tarts
Butter, for greasing
215g sheet Cooks' Ingredients Shortcrust Pastry Sheets
75g Caerphilly, grated
2 white or yellow peaches
3 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
6 tbsp single cream
25g pack fresh basil, leaves shredded
4 tsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place a baking tray into the oven to heat up. Grease the insides of 4 x 10cm fluted tart tins with butter. Use the pastry to line the tins, pushing it right into the corners and re-rolling if necessary. Push a rolling pin over the tops to trim any excess and prick the bases with a fork.
2. Divide the Caerphilly between the tart cases. Cut around each peach, twist to separate the halves and remove the stones. Place a peach half, cut-side up, in each case.
3. Place the eggs, cream, basil, Parmigiano and some seasoning into a jug and whisk to combine. Pour into the tart cases.
4. Place the tarts onto the hot baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes or until risen and golden. Cook for at least 5 minutes before carefully lifting out of the tins. Serve with salad leaves dressed with aged balsamic vinegar.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus standing time
- Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time: 40-45 minutes
Typical values per serving:
All values are per serving. 1.7g fibre / 17g protein
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 10 14:38:00 BST 2014.