This easy lemonade uses fresh peaches to make a refreshing summer drink that's perfect for barbecues, picnics and parties.
4 Waitrose Perfectly Ripe Regal'in Peaches, stones removed, plus 8 slices to serve
4 unwaxed lemons
8 tbsp caster sugar
1 litre sparkling water, chilled
Ice and mint leaves (optional), to serve
1. Blitz the peaches in a food processor until puréed. Pour into a large measuring jug.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the lemons. Add the zest, the juice from 2 of the lemons and the sugar to the jug. Pour over 500ml boiling water and sir well until the sugar dissolves. Leave to cool completely.
3. Strain the cooled liquid into a chilled serving jug and top up with sparkling water to taste. Serve with plenty of ice, slices of peach and mint leaves, if using.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus cooling
- Total time: 5 minutes, plus cooling
Typical values per serving:
All values per serving. 1.7g fibre/1.2g protein
Average user rating Based on 27 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 10 13:35:00 BST 2014.