Fudgy peanut buttered-flavoured sweets coated in chocolate.
Peanut Butter Sweets
- Total time: 20 minutes
For the sweets:
55g (2 oz) butter
55g (2 oz) dark brown sugar
240g (8 1/2 oz) smooth peanut butter
200g (7 oz) icing sugar
For the chocolate topping:
175g (6 oz) dark chocolate or chocolate drops
15g (1/2 oz) butter
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Mix it in a bowl with the brown sugar, peanut butter, and icing sugar.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and spread it out evenly. Press it down firmly on top with a palette knife.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and add the butter. Stir them over a saucepan of simmering water until they melt.
- Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Leave it to chill until it has set but is still soft enough to cut.
- Cut the mixture into squares and remove then from the baking tray, then put them in the fridge to finish setting.