'Chocolate and pears are a perfect match, especially with the hazelnuts sprinkled over for added crunch.' Martha Collison
Martha's pear & hazelnut muffins
175g self-raising flour
½ tbsp baking powder
25g cocoa powder
50g caster sugar
2 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
75ml vegetable oil
100g chocolate and hazelnut spread
2 Conference pears, cored and cubed
50g dark chocolate chunks
50g hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, oil and milk together using a whisk.
3. When combined, stir in the chocolate and hazelnut spread. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a rubber spatula or metal spoon until no pockets of flour remain. Try not to beat the mixture too much or the muffins will be tough. Stir through the pear cubes and chocolate chips.
4. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases, then sprinkle the roasted hazelnuts over the top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of each muffin comes out clean. 5 Allow the muffins to cool slightly before enjoying. They are best straight out of the oven.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 29 09:54:00 BST 2016.