You could use chicken or pork instead of the beef, but adjust the cooking times accordingly
Persian beef kebabs with cucumber salad
- Preparation time: 15 mins + marinating
- Total time: 8 minutes to 10 minutes
FOR THE KEBABS
2 packs rump steak, approx 200g each, trimmed of fat, diced
2 tbsp Belazu Chermoula Paste
300g pack essential Waitrose
1 red pepper, diced
Oil, for rubbing
FOR THE CUCUMBER SALAD
1 cucumber portion, halved and sliced
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
4 tbsp natural yogurt
¼ x 20g pack Cooks’ Ingredients Dill, chopped
1. Mix the steak and chermoula paste together in a bowl, and chill for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Thread the meat onto 4 kebab skewers, alternating with the mushrooms and pepper. Drizzle with a little oil and place under a preheated grill for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally until the beef is thoroughly cooked.
3. Meanwhile, mix all the cucumber salad ingredients together and season. Serve with the kebabs.