This impressive dish looks as though it may take a lot of time and effort, but can be on the table in under half an hour. Great if you’re short of time with a hungry family to feed.
Pesto-baked cod with potato & pea crush
Knob of butter
2 x 260g packs Waitrose Skinless & Boneless Cod Fillets
4 tbsp Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
700g potatoes, diced
200g frozen peas
Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Lightly butter a small ovenproof dish and place the cod fillets inside. Mix together the pesto and tomatoes and spoon on top of the fillets. Bake
for 15 minutes until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 13–15 minutes. Add the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Drain well and return to the pan.
3. Add a little butter to the pan and lightly crush the potatoes and peas using a masher. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, and season
4. Divide the potato mixture between four plates and top with the cod and tomato-pesto mixture, spooning over any baking juices.
For a gluten- and dairy-free version of this dish, swap the butter for olive oil and use Sacla’ Free From — Basil Pesto.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 31 ratings