Griddled or barbecued plums taste fantastic in this vegetarian main course salad.
Plum and watercress salad
1 half ciabatta, torn into bitesize pieces
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
4 ripe plums, halved and stoned
140g bag Waitrose Watercress, Rocket and Spinach Salad
125g cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Toss the ciabatta with 1 tbsp of the oil, season and place on a large baking tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the remaining oil, vinegar and honey together, pour over the plums and leave to marinade for 5 minutes.
3. Griddle the plums for 2-3 minutes, turning once, reserving the marinade.
4. Mix together the salad, tomatoes and croutons, toss in the reserved dressing and top with the griddled plums.
For a non-vegetarian alternative, top the salad with 6 slices (80g pack) proscuitto crudo, torn.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
5.1g fibre / 10.8g protein
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 10 16:57:00 BST 2014.