2 medium Bramley apples, about 450g
200g caster sugar
½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
5 sheets Costa Leaf Gelatine
Clotted cream and sliced plum, to serve
Plum & apple jellies
- Preparation time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Cooking time: 15 minutes to 20 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
1. Roughly chop the plums and apples and place in a large saucepan (there’s no need to peel, core or stone the fruits as they’ll be strained after cooking). Add the sugar, nutmeg and 150ml water, then cover with a lid and cook gently for 15 -20 minutes until the fruits are very soft and pulpy.
2. Once the fruits have almost cooked, immerse the gelatine in a bowl of cold water to soften.
3. Strain the fruit pulp through a fine sieve into a large bowl, pressing the mixture with the back of a spoon to extract as much pulp as possible. Lift the softened gelatine from the water and lower into the hot fruit purée. Stir for a few seconds until dissolved, then leave to cool.
4. Pour into 6 serving glasses and chill for at least 3 hours until softly set. Serve, topped with a spoonful of clotted cream and a little thinly sliced plum.