This intensely fruity sorbet is incredibly refreshing and only contains a small amount of added sugar. Serve with extra blueberries and pomegranate seeds, plus a spoonful of crème fraîche for added indulgence.
Pomegranate and blueberry sorbet
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus churning and freezing
- Total time: 15 minutes, plus churning and freezing
Makes: 6 (makes about 750ml)
60g caster sugar
500g fresh or frozen blueberries
250ml chilled pomegranate juice, such as Pom
1. In a small pan, gently heat the sugar with 60ml water until dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute; leave to cool.
2. Whizz the blueberries and pomegranate juice in a blender until puréed. Pour through a fine-meshed sieve, using a spatula to scrape as much juice through as possible; discard the skins from the sieve. Stir in the cooled sugar syrup.
3. Chill for a couple of hours, then churn in an ice-cream machine until thickened and the blade begins to slow down. Transfer to a lidded, freezeproof container and freeze for at least 3 hours, until firm