This delicious pickled salad is packed with colour, bite and flavour. It’ll pep up any kind of simply cooked meat, and makes a fine salad in its own right.
Pork fillet with carrot, cauliflower and cumin salad
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus salting
- Total time: 30 minutes, plus salting
2 large essential Waitrose carrots, peeled and shredded
1 essential Waitrose cauliflower, broken into small florets
1 tsp salt
2 tbspessential Waitrose pure clear honey
100ml essential Waitrose white wine vinegar
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
½ x 28g pack coriander, roughly chopped
1 tbspessential Waitrose olive oil
1 essential Waitrose British pork fillet (about 450g), halved
25g essential Waitrose unsalted butter
1. Put the carrots and cauliflower in a colander and season with the salt. Leave to sit for 20 minutes.
2. Mix together the honey, vinegar, chilli, garlic and most of the cumin and coriander. Toss the vegetables in the dressing and
set aside, tossing occasionally, while you cook the pork.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Season the pork and cook, turning regularly, for 12-15 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Add the butter, take off the heat and rest in the pan for 5 minutes, turning in the butter occasionally.
4. Lift the vegetables out onto a large plate; spoon over some pickling juice and scatter with the remaining cumin and coriander. Slice the pork and place on top, drizzling over any pan juices.