1 tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
1 pork fillet, cut into 1cm slices, about 500g
1 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
1 chicken stock cube
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 Cox apple, cored and cut into wedges
800g King Edward potatoes, thinly sliced
Knob of butter
Pork in cider
1 tbsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, then remove and set aside. Toss the pork in the seasoned flour and fry until browned, then return the onions to the pan. Add the stock cube, 100ml water and mustard, and gradually blend in the cider. Bring to the boil and add the thyme and apple wedges.
2. Place a thin layer of potatoes in the base of a casserole dish, top with half the pork, add half the remaining potatoes and season. Repeat the layers finishing with potatoes, then season and dot with butter. Cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
3. Remove the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes until golden.
Allow to cool in the dish. When cold, place in the freezer. To reheat, defrost completely. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6 and bake for 30 minutes.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 11 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Dec 08 12:18:00 GMT 2015.