Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Gooseberry syrup (made with Waitrose Gooseberry Preserve)
250ml Portobello Road Gin
75ml Harvey’s Amontillado sherry
250ml Waitrose Cloudy Pressed Cox Apple Juice
½ bottle (40cl) Prosecco
Lemon slices, to serve
For the syrup:
1. Place 2-3 heaped tablespoons of preserve into a saucepan with equal parts cold water.
2. Bring to boil and then turn down to simmer for around 3 minutes.
3. Strain if required (although I like to leave in the gooseberries).
4. Leave to cool.
To make the cocktail:
1. Half fill a large punch bowl with ice. Add all the ingredients, including 2 teaspoons of the gooseberry syrup then give it a good stir.
2. Add some lemon slices and serve in tumbler glasses.
This recipe was first published in November 2013.