This deliciously indulgent bake is wonderful as a side with roast meats, or as a main on its own.
Potato and celeriac tartiflette
500g Maris Piper potatoes
25g butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely sliced
2 bay leaves
100ml white wine
200ml tub crème fraîche
300g Waitrose Reblochon de Savoie AOP cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place the unpeeled potatoes into a large pan of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain and leave until cool enough to handle before peeling. Cut into 1cm slices.
- Peel and halve the celeriac and cut into 1cm slices. Place in a saucepan with enough water to cover, bring up to the boil and cook for 10 minutes until tender. Drain and leave to dry in a colander. Grease a 2-litre ovenproof dish with the butter and scatter over the crushed garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion and bay leaves and cook for 5 minutes until soft and golden. Add the wine and bubble for a few minutes, then set aside to cool slightly. Remove the bay leaves.
- Layer the potatoes, celeriac and onion in the prepared dish, seasoning as you go with salt and pepper, and dotting with the crème fraîche. Layer the cheese over the top then bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 6 as a side
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 11 12:21:58 BST 2014.