You can make this as one large rosti or smaller individual portions. Mix it up by adding chopped ham, grated parsnip and a variety of herbs. It’s great with a fried egg.
Potato, salad onion and cheese rosti
600g baking potatoes (about 2), peeled and grated
150g essential Waitrose cheddar cheese, grated
100g blue cheese, crumbled
2 bunches essential Waitrose salad onions, finely chopped
1 essential Waitrose egg and 1 egg yolk, beaten together
2 tbsp Marmite
500g spring greens, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4. Put the grated potato in a sieve set over a bowl; use your hands to squeeze out the excess liquid. Mix with the cheeses, salad onions and eggs. Season with pepper.
2. Brush the base of a 26cm non-stick, ovenproof frying pan with the Marmite and tip in the filling, spreading it evenly over the pan. Bake for about 45 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, blanch the spring greens in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain. Slice the rosti and serve with the greens.
This recipe first appeared in Waitrose Kitchen magazine. myWaitrose members can download the Waitrose Kitchen app edition for FREE. Find out more.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Aug 28 12:38:00 BST 2014.