These sandwiches are ideal for casual dining, whether it’s dinner around the TV or a picnic with friends. The sticky, sweet jerk flavours, crunchy coleslaw and moreish chutney mean you better have napkins to hand!
Pulled jerk chicken brioche stack
4 Waitrose British Free Range Chicken Thighs
200g jar Cooks’ Ingredients Jerk Marinade
8 slices essential Waitrose Sliced Brioche Loaf
8 leaves essential Waitrose Curly Lettuce
4 tbsp Waitrose Caramelised Red Onion Chutney
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Remove and discard the skin from the chicken thighs and place in an ovenproof dish so they sit snugly together. Pour over the marinade, turning to coat in the mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour then remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes until very tender.
2. Use two forks to shred the meat from the bones.
3. Toast the brioche then lay the lettuce leaves on top of half the slices. Spoon over the coleslaw then top with the pulled chicken. Finish with a spoonful of chutney and a sprinkle of chopped parsley then sandwich the last piece of brioche on top.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 13 ratings