Simple seasonal fare, light supper or starter.
Purple Sprouting Broccoli
- Total time: 15 mins
200g Purple sprouting broccoli (150g if starter)
4 slices prosciutto
2 duck eggs
Your favourite balsamic (I use Belazu)
- Trim the ends of the broccoli stalks and steam until just tender. Drop in ice cold water and take out almost immediately.
- Grill prosciutto until nearly crisp
- Grate Gruyere coarsly
- Assemble dish: Divide broccolli between two oven proof dish to serve and eat from. Sprinkle 25% of the cheese. Lay 2 slices prosciutto on mix. Sprinkle rest of cheese. Put under hot grill till cheese just starts bubbling and prosciutto crisp.
- Poach eggs while dish grilling and lay on top when ready.
- Season and drizzle balsmic
- Eat and enjoy with nice cool red. Lovely