½ baby avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
Juice of ½ lemon
Pinch caster sugar, to taste
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp finely chopped chives
1 small beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
¼ cucumber, peeled, halved, deseeded and sliced
50g essential Waitrose Greek Light Salad Cheese, crumbled
Handful of lambs lettuce
2 tsp pumpkin seeds
Quinoa, beetroot & avocado salad
1. Cook the quinoa according to the pack instructions. Rinse under cold running water until cool, then drain thoroughly.
2. Toss the avocado with 1 tsp of the lemon juice and set aside. Whisk the remaining lemon juice with the sugar, oil, chives and some seasoning. Pour into the bottom of a large Kilner or other 800ml jar with a secure lid.
3. Add a layer of the beetroot to the jar, followed by one of cucumber. Top with layers of the cooled quinoa, cheese and avocado, then finish with the lambs lettuce and a scattering of seeds.
4. When ready to eat, invert the jar and gently shake until the dressing coats all the ingredients. Eat straight from the jar or tip into a bowl if preferred.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: About 20
- Total time: About 40
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings