Pronounced keen-wah, these quinoa and beef burgers are full of wholegrain goodness.
Quinoa beef burgers
- 80g Waitrose organic quinoa
- 1 courgette
- 1 essential Waitrose carrot
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 250g lean minced beef
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet. Take it off the heat and fluff up with a fork.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the courgette and carrot; whiz the bread into crumbs. Mix these with the parsley and garlic in a bowl. Add the beef, worcestershire sauce, egg yolk and quinoa; season and mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 patties.
- Warm the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the burgers for approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers in toasted wholemeal rolls with either tzatziki or houmous, or simply with salad leaves.
This lush, juicy red is bursting with bramble fruit flavours and a smooh backnote - perfect to balance, but not overpower, these rich, meaty burgers. Salduba Garnacha 2007 Cariñena, Spain 741649 http://www.waitrosewine.com/230511846/Product.aspx
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Average user rating Based on 16 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sun Aug 01 01:00:00 BST 2010.