Save to your scrapbook
Rachel Allen's Pistachio & cranberry chocolates
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: About 40 pieces
200g white chocolate broken into pieces
75g shelled pistachios
50g dried cranberries
50g milk or dark chocolate chopped or roughly broken into small pieces
1. Place the white chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of water. Heat the water until it just begins to boil, then remove from the heat and allow the chocolate to melt slowly, stirring it from time to time.
2. While the chocolate is melting, line the tin with baking parchment, allowing the paper to come over the sides.
3. When the chocolate has melted, stir in the pistachios and cranberries. Pour into the lined tin and allow to cool.
4. As the white chocolate cools, melt the milk or dark chocolate in the same way in a separate bowl. When the white chocolate has almost set (but be sure not to let it set completely, or the top layer of chocolate will not adhere to the white chocolate layer), but is still slightly shiny in places, pour the milk or dark chocolate over the top to make a second layer.
5. Allow to cool completely, then cut into small squares or rectangles and store in the fridge.
Recipe taken from Entertaining at Home: Inspiring Recipes for All Occasions by Rachel Allen (Collins 2010)
This recipe was first published in Wed Oct 23 16:59:42 BST 2013.