An easy dessert for a dinner party.
Raspberry & almond tart
- Total time: Approx, 35-40 minutes
50 g. ground almonds
6 tablespoons raspberry conserve
200 g. fresh or frozen raspberries
A iittle caster sugar
One egg yolk
One egg white
- Line a 23 cms flan tin with Waitrose dessert pastry. Line with greaseproof paper & weigh down with baking beans. Bake in oven for 15 minutes till sides of pastry are crisp. Remove lining and beans. Beat egg white and brush over base of flan. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Beat egg yolk &mix with ground almonds. Mix conserve with raspberries & place in pastry case with almonds.
- out pastry trimmings & cut into strips. Arrange strips across filling to form a lattice pattern Brush pastry with remaining beaten egg white. Sprinkle over sugar.
- Bake in oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.