A 23cm square, 6cm deep baking dish is ideal here.
Raspberry, Strawberry and Peach Jonathan
- 650g ripe peaches
- 115g sugar (or to taste)
- 225g strawberries
- 250g raspberries
- 115g butter, softened
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 225g self-raising flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- Peel the peaches. If they are slightly unripe, cut a small cross on the base and cover with boiling water before slipping off the skins. Quarter, remove their stones, then cut into medium-sized chunks and toss together with the sugar. Tip into the baking dish and put in the oven to begin cooking while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Wash and hull the strawberries, then halve, if large, and mix with the raspberries. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and thick, then beat in the eggs, followed by the milk. Quickly fold in the flour, keeping the mixture as light as possible.
- Remove the peaches from the oven and mix in the strawberries and raspberries. Spoon the sponge mixture over the top, so that the fruit is roughly covered. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until it is golden and crusty. Serve hot, warm or cold with lots of cream.
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Fri Sep 01 01:00:00 BST 2000.