This delicious trifle is very easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes to make. So it's perfect for entertaining.
Raspberry and limoncello trifle
1 Waitrose Madeira Cake
2 tbsp Waitrose Seriously Zesty Lemon Curd
2 tbsp Santa Marta Limoncello Liqueur
300g pack Waitrose Frozen British Raspberries, defrosted
250g pack Galbani Italian Mascarpone
500g tub essential Waitrose Custard
300ml tub essential Waitrose Whipping Cream
2 tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped
- Cut the cake into six slices, then spread each slice with lemon curd and make 3 'sandwiches'. Slice each pair into quarters, then place in a 2-litre glass bowl.
- Drizzle the cake with limoncello. Scatter the raspberries over the cake, reserving a few for decoration.
- Using an electric mixer, gently whisk the mascarpone and custard together until smooth. Spread the custard over the raspberries.
- Whip the cream until the whisk leaves a soft trail, then spread on top of the custard. Scatter the top of the trifle with the pistachios and the reserved raspberries.
Make up to 6 hours in advance and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 104 ratings
This recipe was first published in November 2009.