- 340g punnet raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g soft butter
- 4 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Put the raspberries in a pan with the water and 1 tbsp sugar and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes until the juices run. Meanwhile, use a little of the butter to grease a baking dish or 4 small ramekins and use the remaining butter to liberally butter the bread on both sides. Cut the bread into triangles. Spoon the raspberries into the dish or ramekins and arrange the bread on top. Scatter the remaining 2 tbsp sugar over the bread, followed by the cinnamon. Set aside until needed. This can be done before you start preparing the main course.
- When you've finished eating the main course, preheat the grill to high. Put the charlottes under the grill for 5-10 minutes, until the tops are well glazed and the fruit is bubbling up around the edges. Serve with custard or crème fraîche.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes to 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes to 25 minutes
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Wed Sep 01 01:00:00 BST 2004.