A great way to get veg into kids - and big kids will love it too. Very simple to make - though you need to keep popping back and forth to stir it every five minutes for half an hour or so.
Ratatouille in the microwave
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 red pepper
1 tin tomatoes
salt and pepper
- • Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave for 1 minute. Peel and chop a garlic clove and an onion. Add the garlic and onion to the bowl and zap for 4 mins.
- • Slice an aubergine, two courgettes, and a red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Open a tin of tomatoes.
- • Bung all the above into the bowl, cover with a plate and zap for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes (ie zap for 5 mins, stir, zap another 5 mins, stir, etc). NB: I like to add half a teaspoon of cheat's chilli (the one that comes in a glass jar)
- • Take the plate off, and zap again for three lots of 3 minutes, stirring in between as before.
- • Taste. If not cooked to your liking zap it some more. You can add a dessertspoon or two of sugar if your tomatoes weren't very ripe.
- • Season with salt and pepper. Eat hot or cold. Fab!
- Total time: 40mins
Average user rating Based on 1 rating