- 3 large tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 700g green beans, chopped into 2.5cm-lengths
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp chopped coriander
Red and Green Salad
- Blanch the tomatoes in just-boiled water for 1 minute, then peel, deseed and chop them.
- Put them in a fine sieve, sprinkle with a good pinch of salt, and set aside to drain.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add salt, then drop in the beans. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately plunge into bowl of iced water to refresh. After 2 minutes, drain the beans and pat dry with a tea towel.
- Just before serving, whisk the oil and vinegar together, season, and drizzle over the beans. Add the tomatoes and coriander and toss together. Serve immediately.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Jun 01 01:00:00 BST 2005.