- 450g rhubarb, trimmed and cut into medium chunks
- About 150g granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp Cointreau (optional)
- 284ml carton double cream
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus cooling
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Put the rhubarb in a non-corrodible pan with 4 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp water. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Add about 85g sugar, or to taste. Leave until cold.
- Add the Cointreau to the cream. Whisk into soft peaks. Strain the juice from the rhubarb into the cream. Fold in. If it seems too liquid, whisk a little more to thicken. Fold in the rhubarb (reserve a few pieces for decoration). Spoon into glasses and serve with almond biscuits.