- 200g Waitrose LOVE Life Brown Basmati, Red Camargue & Wild Rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 40g radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 essential Waitrose Cucumber Portion, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp Waitrose LOVE Life Mixed Seeds
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1½ tsp wasabi powder
- 1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Rice Wine Mirin
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
Rice and avocado salad with wasabi dressing
1. Cook the rice for 20 minutes, according to packet instructions. Add the peas and cook for a further 3 –5 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain, refresh in cold water and tip into a large bowl.
2. Add the diced avocado, radishes, cucumber, mixed seeds and goat’s cheese and toss together.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the wasabi powder with 2 tsp cold water and leave for 2 minutes for the flavours to intensify. Stir in the mirin, sesame oil and seasoning then pour over the salad and mix together. Serve straightaway.
You could use sugar snap peas or broccoli instead of the peas if you like. You can make this the day before (without the avocado) and chill, covered with clingfilm, in the fridge. Add the avocado just before serving, to ensure it doesn’t discolour.
Have you heard?
The avocado contains more protein and oil than any other fruit.
Typical values per serving:
Per serving. More info: 14.9g protein, 6.2g fibre
Average user rating Based on 9 ratings