- 200g Waitrose LOVE Life Brown Basmati, Red Camargue & Wild Rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 40g radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 essential Waitrose Cucumber Portion, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp Waitrose LOVE Life Mixed Seeds
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1½ tsp wasabi powder
- 1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Rice Wine Mirin
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
Rice and avocado salad with wasabi dressing
1. Cook the rice for 20 minutes, according to packet instructions. Add the peas and cook for a further 3 –5 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain, refresh in cold water and tip into a large bowl.
2. Add the diced avocado, radishes, cucumber, mixed seeds and goat’s cheese and toss together.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the wasabi powder with 2 tsp cold water and leave for 2 minutes for the flavours to intensify. Stir in the mirin, sesame oil and seasoning then pour over the salad and mix together. Serve straightaway.